Re: [Shop-talk] Sliding door locks

To: Matt Trebelhorn <matt.lists@trebelhorn.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Sliding door locks
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:44:02 -0500
At 06:47 PM 11/11/2007 -0500, Matt Trebelhorn wrote:

>The lock that was in it broke last week -- there's a spot where a
>tension coil spring that's supposed to slide/pivot over a bar, and
>the spring broke.....

>Does anybody on the list have a recommendation -- a brand or a store
>-- for a latch that's decently made?

Matt,

Check your Yellow Pages for Lock smiths.  I had an interesting discussion
about this the other day with my neighbor who is a lock smith.  I was talking
about how cheap the Quik Set door knobs are.  The mechanism is not 1/2
plastic.  They don't last 7 yrs.  He agreeded, and said that they sell
better ones, but at one hell-of-a lot higher price.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic