Re: [Shop-talk] HF: Jigsaw blades, etc.

To: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] HF: Jigsaw blades, etc.
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 04:43:58 -0700 (PDT)
--- Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net> wrote:
  My only complaint is
> that the blades that
> come with it are soft.  Near the end, the cutting
> got real slow.  When I
> finished, I noticed the teeth on the wood cutting
> blade were almost gone
> at in the sections of the blade that cut the
> fiberglass skins.

If you want a saw that takes good blades, I highly
recommend the Bosch line.  Their special blades are
better-made (and more expensive) than the standard
style of jigsaw blade.

> This is also a case where it pays to do your
> homework with HF.  The
> website lists the 94560 saw for $39.99, but before
> making the trip to
> HF, I called to verify they had it in stock.  The
> store price was
> $59.99.  I printed the web page and got it in the
> store for the web
> price.  They also match the catalog prices if you
> ask.

I saw something I liked on sale in the twice-weekly HF
flyer that came in the mail, but I did not see the
same price on their Web site. Then I noticed that all
the stock numbers in the flyer were of a different
style than usual.  And the web site listed on the
flyer was "harborfreightusa.com" instead of just
"harborfreight.com".  Apparently the dealer network is
somewhat separate from the online sales, and could
have better or worse prices.

Doug