Re: [Shop-talk] point of service water heaters.

To: <eric@megageek.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] point of service water heaters.
From: "Paul Mele" <paul.mele@usermail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:53:31 -0400
I did a little blurb a while back on my tankless heaters.
Small sink in garage is a great application.
I have a German job (Stiebel Eltron?) in my outbuilding.. .20A@220V means 12
ga wire (under 75 or 100 ft, if I recall; 10 g if longer...whoever
remembers, please confirm).  Perfect for this kind of app.
I believe the cost was $169, from Plumbers Supply on line.  I can look up
details if you need them...not with me now.

Paul

OK, I'm just getting my round tuit to add the sink to the garage.  I
already have a cold water line run and was planning on adding a "point of
service" water heater.  These are the little heaters that have a small (4
or 6 gal) tank and are designed for these type of installations.

As always, before the buy, anyone have any comments on them?  Things to
look for?  Local big box has a GE 6 Gal for $195 and a Ariston 4 GAL for
$160.

Is 4 gal enough for a garage sink?  Is there a cheaper source of these?