Re: [Shop-talk] tech info page

To: "'shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] tech info page
From: "Mike Frerichs" <shoptalk@centipi.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:38:45 -0500
Boy, that takes me back!  From '81-'83 I worked in a convenience store right
across the street from the Surplus Center (yes, the same one).  It was sort
of a cross between a Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop and an Army/Navy surplus
store, with a lot of non-military mechanical and electronic surplus thrown
in.  I used to like to go wander around in that place because you never knew
what you were going to find.

It's been 20 years since I moved from Lincoln, and though I'm only 50 miles
away (Omaha) I haven't been back to the Surplus Center in that time.  I
wonder what sort of a store they've become.  I'll have to see if I can stop
by there next time I'm in Lincoln.

Mike Frerichs