Re: [Shop-talk] Chrysler Repair Service

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Chrysler Repair Service
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:43:17 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, wolfeb@verizon.net wrote:
> Suggestions? Alternatives?

    Trade it in on something else, somewhere else.  Either that, or pay
someone (a lot) to fix it correctly.  Those are really your only options,
unfortunately.

    I just did this with my Subaru WRX, that I had bought new a couple
years ago.  Subaru of America (not the dealer(s)) refused to honor their
alleged warranty*, despite copious evidence** that the engine was screwed
up, so my only options were to fix the engine myself, or get rid of the
piece of junk.  I feel bad for whoever the next owner was, and the dealer
who took it in, but when you buy a used car, you pay your money, and take
your chances.

--
  David Hillman

* This is not an isolated instance, for all intents and purposes, Subarus
no longer come with warranties in this country.  To be fair, this policy
is partly the result of lots of fraud committed by the teenagers whose
parents gave them Subarus over the past couple years.  'Course, it didn't
help that something like 50% of their previous-generation Legacies blew
HGs within warranty ( including mine ).

** http://planet-torque.com/garage/subaru/coolant-small.jpg that's
coolant, not oil.  It's supposed to look like this ->
http://planet-torque.com/garage/subaru/coolant-tank.jpg  Compression (
their test ) on 2 cylinders in 'rebuild' range, other 2 cylinders were
1psi above 'rebuild'.  "Engine is fine, sir."  35K miles.