Re: [Shop-talk] Eastwood vs Harbor Freight

To: "'Shop Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Eastwood vs Harbor Freight
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 17:19:57 -0700
>  well, as far as I
> can tell, the ones they sell at hd are identical (same
> engine, the deck seems the same thickness, etc.)
>
> I have no idea if they're different at hd or not,

Scott, I work for a division of Deere.  And I think I can promise you that,
if it's the same model number, it's the same mower.   Deere may cut their
price to the big box stores (I don't know anything about that), but they
never cut quality for anybody.

And if you EVER find a Deere factory "second" on the market, please let us
know so we can track down and prosecute whoever stole or forged it.  It's
simply not supposed to happen.

That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if your local dealer gives you
better service on a mower you bought from him, than the one that came from a
discount place with no service department.

Randall