Re: [Shop-talk] Shop security

To: "'shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop security
From: "Mike Frerichs" <shoptalk@centipi.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 16:38:09 -0500
I hadn't even thought of this connection, but now that you mention
it........

This morning, I and some other men went over to the house of a widow who was
in need of some help getting her yard cleaned up.  We were there to rake
leaves/trim bushes/trim trees.  While there, we noticed that the gutters
were overflowing with leaves and since one of the guys had a ladder with him
I went up on the roof and emptied the gutters.  Standing water told us that
the downspouts were completely clogged, so we went to work unclogging them,
which included removing some sections of downspout.

Granted, this lady wasn't the type to have electrified her gutters, and her
gutters weren't copper.  My point is that she didn't know we were going to
do anything with the gutters and she wasn't outside supervising us.  Had she
been the techno/defensive type, one of us could have been hurt.

This is just an example that came up today.  It wouldn't be hard to think of
other examples that are more plausible than this where an innocent could get
hurt.

I'm not saying don't do it.  I'm just saying that someone who does do it
shouldn't be surprised if it comes back to bite him somehow.

Mike Frerichs