Re: [Shop-talk] Quality parts

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Quality parts
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 17:11:31 -0400
Rand E wrote:
> Become friends with the part guys at your local
> dealersip.  I buy most of my parts at the dealer.  So
> many that he gives me a very nice discount.  Just this
> week I bought an MR2 clutch slave cylinder at the

I tried that, with little success.  I have/had some Nissans I abused and
broke frequently.  I'm all for OEM parts, but used to mail order them
dealers that sold at discount.  I tried haggling with the local guy that
I also knew well, but he just screwed me over.

I've bought thousands of dollars of Nissan parts from
www.CourtesyParts.com  So much  that when my brother bought the same car
and called them, they caught the name and asked "Are you related to
Wayne?".  Courtesy is freakin' HUGE too.  Last I was told, they had 19
employees in the parts dept working two shifts to cover demand!  Wow.
Ever seen a 4 cylinder Sentra (all motor, not gutted) run a 14.x second
1/4 mile ;)  The engine was all for it, but the rest of the drivetrain
protested a lot!

   -Wayne