Re: [Shop-talk] fresh oil stain on concrete floor

To: "old dirtbeard" <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] fresh oil stain on concrete floor
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 11:51:42 -0500
The old standbys have usually worked OK for me too.  However...

If there's still some stain left, the expensive but easy and extremely
effective solution is "Pour N Restore".  In fact, it was on "Two Guys
Garage" yesterday, where they used it to clean oil soaked into a concrete
block, which is much more absorptive and harder to clean than a garage
floor.

Just pour it on and let it dry,  It goes into the concrete and lifts oil
out, and dries to a powder that sucks up oil and you justy sweep it away.
Worked on my then-new exposed-aggregate driveway 2 years ago when PS fluid
ate through the sealer and soaked in.  Simple Green, Tide, mineral spirits,
and lacquer thinner didn't take that much of the mess away, but the first
application of Pour N Restore made all but a few spots (where I hadn't put
much on) absolutely as new.

It's solvent-free, I presume something like a mix of limonene and Fuller's
earth.

Karl