[Shop-talk] fresh oil stain on concrete floor

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] fresh oil stain on concrete floor
From: "old dirtbeard" <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 09:15:19 -0700
Hi guys,

I know we discussed this several times, but since my wife had not yet hit a
cart in the garage with half full oil drain pan sitting on it with her car
turning the drain pan upside down, I was not paying attention to the thread. I
had filled my five gallon oil container and needed to take it to the recycler
before I could empty the rest of the drain pain.  :(

I tried searching the archives but could not find the discussion.

Anyway, now it is salient as I have about a seven square foot fresh oil stain
on my floor. I soaked it up as best I could with rags, but now I need to get
out the oil that soaked into the concrete. I have a pressure washer if that is
the best, but I know there are powders and special cleaners for this type of
stain. I was just hoping to hear what you have tried that works best.

Sorry I was not paying attention last time we discussed this. Thanks in
advance.

best,

doug

'72 BSA B50SS