[Shop-talk] Spiders and gas grills

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Spiders and gas grills
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:17:21 -0500
A few times every year we get spider nests in the orifice area of the burners
of our gas grill.  It's happened for decades, to both natural gas and LP
grills.  It's not destructive, but it's a pain to have to clean it out just
when we're ready to light the grill.  If it happens to Jill when I'm not here,
she reverts to the oven.

Any tricks to keep the little guys out of there ??  I'd be reluctant to use
screening -- or even a large screen bag around the orifice area, because we
have incredibly low gas pressure here and the grill output is already hampered
by that.

Thanks!
Karl