Re: [Shop-talk] tool chest recommendations?

To: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] tool chest recommendations?
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 15:09:14 -0500
When I was looking several years ago Sams and Costco had the 41 inch
stainless units from here - http://www.cspsmetal.com/toolchests/index.html -
for around $700. I bought two of them and have been very pleased with them.
I have not seen them in either of the stores that I shop in the Minneapolis
area in the last year but they may be available in other locations. The
vendor still has them listed on their web site - which use to have a "where
to get them" tab, I don't see it now. Too bad because I'd really like to get
a third one.

The drawer slides are much better than the cheap toolboxes from Sears or
Harbor Freight. The sheetmetal work on one is B+ and the other is B-, but
neither has any structurial issues that I am aware of, and at $700 each, the
quality and square inches of drawer space for the price was A+.

Arvid