Re: [Shop-talk] Freon 22

To: "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Freon 22
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 19:05:07 -0700
>  and another where someone said it was a blend of R290 (which
> I believe is
> propane) and R600A.
> http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=68039

Sorry, forgot to mention : R600A is isobutane.

If anyone is interested, I have a document with information on how to make a
propane/isobutane mix at home.   Apparently the biggest problem with this
mix (other than being flammable) is that the system works so well it's apt
to ice up on humid days.  If that's a problem for you, you can increase the
proportion of isobutane a bit to bring the evaporator temperature up (and
reduce efficiency).

Unfortunately I've lost the video of R12 burning brightly.

Randall