Re: [Shop-talk] RTV Silicone

To: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] RTV Silicone
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 13:35:36 -0400
Interesting how the meaning of "old" changes as we get older.  They
make an RTV for building/resealing an aquarium.  I would imagine that
it would have to be free of toxic stuff so as not to poison the
fish.  They do make a point of telling aquarists not to use "regular"
RTV, only the aquarium stuff.  I'm not quite sure what the best
solution for your Thermos is, but that might be a source of safer
RTV.  And of course you have to decide how much trouble a 15 year old
thermos is worth.

-Steve