Re: [Shop-talk] To kill a refrigerator

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] To kill a refrigerator
From: "Ron Schmittou" <rs1121@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:33:37 -0500
As the proud owner of an ancient slump shouldered Frigidaire that use to be
my Great grandparents, I am amazed it still works - I think it was built in
the early 50's, and according to all the family history, was moved about 20
times around the country through various generations and family members, and
has never had to have a single repair!  It is currently at our remote cabin
that experiences a lot of power outages and lighting strikes etc, and every
other appliance has burned and been replaced over the years except this one
- If I could get half this kind of reliability out of any modern appliance I
would be astounded.

I vote to keep it till it croaks!