[Shop-talk] Another weedwacker problem

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Another weedwacker problem
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:51:16 -0400
Thanks all for the suggestions awhile back, got the weedwacker running great
now, didn't take long to pull everything apart and put it back together.

Now, for the second time this year, I've broken the pull cord.  Both times it
broke at some point close to the "wheel" telling me something is rubbing in
there and fraying the cord.  But I don't see signs of fraying along the whole
rope, only where it broke.  Now it's just too short to keep using, and I'd
like to use something stronger.

Exactly what kind of rope/cord should I be using?  Anything the home centers
would carry that anyone can recommend?  Would a thin piece of cable - maybe
something like the brake cable on a bicycle - work OK?  I'm thinking I don't
want to do this again for quite some time...   ;-)

Thx,
PJ