Re: [Shop-talk] Ez-up replacement top

To: "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Ez-up replacement top
From: "cornerexit" <cornerexit@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 12:38:54 -0700
Yes, I've experienced exactly this situation as well. I have a number of the
ez-up's ranging in size from 8x8 to 12x20 or so, and find it is less
expensive to buy a new one then purchase a new top. This seems to be the
trend with a number of products these days. (As well as products that have
no user serviceable or repairable components... but that is another rant)

I've also recently been thinking about purchasing a heavy duty sewing
machine, as I keep running into situations where I'd need to make custom
covers for equipment/toys and such out of heavy duty vinyl or the like. Sure
would be nice to just purchase a hunk of the fabric, sew up a cover, put
some grommets in it and call it good. Every time I ask for a quote for a
custom cover for something it is always way high.

Wayne