Re: [Shop-talk] Screwdrivers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Screwdrivers
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:23:50 -0700 (PDT)
> I have several sets of these.  Once set is in the molded plastic case with
> one of my 1/4" drive socket sets.  Others are in a DeWalt case in a tool
> box, or in my carry bag.  I also have a couple of sets laying in the tool
> box in various drawers.  But now that you mention it, none in the screwdriver
> drawer.

It was mostly tongue-in-cheek, which I'm sure you realized.

But it is an issue.

I have a small drawer dedicated to screwdrivers. It has a motley
collection of pry bars, err, straight screwdrivers. (No, really,
my pry bars are scattered elsewhere based on size. I should
have said chisels.) Many years ago, I got fed up with my
chewed up Phillips tips and bought a #1 and #2 from Xcelite.
They have black handles, unique to the drawer. When I started
working on Triumphs, I bought #1 and #2 Snap-On PoziDrive drivers
(gray handles, again, unique).

I have a small jeweler's set and a small electronics set, both in
carriers. Also some stubbies way in the back.

For anything else, I have a very comprehensive set of interchangeable
tips, in its case with drive handle, living in the drawer where
the hex keys are.

The SAE hex keys, that is. The metric hex keys live in the
metric drawer, of course. (Thank goodness there aren't
Whitworth hex keys - I think my head would explode.)

It's pretty much impossible to keep up. Thinking about this
makes me ... less annoyed when I can't find something in
the kitchen drawers :-)

chris