lost wedding band in garage

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: lost wedding band in garage
From: "old dirtbeard" <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:52:40 -0700
Ok guys,

Picture this, you are doing some heavy wrenching in the garage and you do not
want to bend your wedding band, so you take it off. You think "I could put it
in my pants pocket, but I will be crawling on the garage floor, don't know if
there is a hole in the pocket, etc.," so you leave it on the bench.  Sure
enough, I lost my wedding band in the garage this weekend, did not realize it
until the following day while I was on a charity motorcycle ride and was in a
panic.

Fortunately (thank God, thank God) after a great deal of searching, I found it
today under some linoleum I had placed as a drip pad under the BSA (marks its
spot, you know). I decided, though, that I will need to take the ring off
again sometime in the future and need to make "one place" for it where it
cannot be lost.

I put a small chain with a strong spring clip and attached it to the handle on
my workbench drawer. Whenever I need to take off the ring, I will clip it to
this short chain and hopefully will never again have to go through what I just
did searching for my wedding band.

Just a tip, boys...hope it never happens to you.

best,

doug

'72 BSA B50SS
'74 Triumph TR6