RE: Bracing for 2nd floor laundry?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bracing for 2nd floor laundry?
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 06:34:49 -0400
I'm in the early stages of thinking about a 2nd Floor laundry, and Washer
noise is high on my list of things to be mindful of.  Underneath the W&D, I
plan to use vibration damping mats that you can find on the internet.  These
were recommended by a contractor and apparently help alot.  For the room
itself, if it's still an option, apparently multiple layers of drywall on the
walls, and sandwiched between subfloor layers on the floors, also helps by
adding alot of mass.  Maybe also some insulation between the joists?Another
options is a higher-end W&D, that are more quiet, though I'm not sure how much
more quiet.  I'd have a hard time spending $2k on a new W&D no matter how
quiet.  PJ> From: ejrussell@mebtel.net> To: jamesf@groupwbench.org;
shop-talk@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: Bracing for 2nd floor laundry?> Date:
Sun, 20 May 2007 20:01:20 -0500> > > > I have a 13'6 span of 2x8 16" o.c.
floor, covered with one layer of> > 5/8 Advantek, onto which I've placed the
W&D, and being right in the > > center of this marginal span they shake the
bejeezus out of the > > entire house. Has anyone overcome this by using extra
subflooring, > > sprung pedestals, etc?> >> > thanks,> > jim
Add some color. Personalize your inbox with your favorite colors.
www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/personalize.html?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_
TAGLM_HMWL_reten_addcolor_0507