PVC tubing with gasoline?

To: shop-talk Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: PVC tubing with gasoline?
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 22:58:34 -0400
I need some replacement gas line for a moped. The original line was 3/16
clear tubing. Is PVC tubing safe for use with gasoline / 2 stroke oil
mix? Is there anything 'special' about the clear gas line for sale by
the specialty moped parts dealers? Home Depot / Lowes sell a roll of the
tubing fairly cheap.

I found some small engine fuel line at HD, it's translucent yellow, sure
looks like PVC, but it's 1/4" which is too big...

Searching around on the 'net, it sure looks like PVC is safe for fuel,
but thought I'd ask here...

Thanks!!!

--
Marc