RE: OBD-II readers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OBD-II readers
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 08:08:08 -0400
I've used the following successfully on a few VWs, a Honda Accord, and my 05
Subaru

www.myscantool.com

I've cleared codes, done some data logging, and was able to use to track down
a no-start one time on the VW.

I'm pretty happy with it.  When I bought mine a few years ago, the pricing was
pretty competitive for other non-PC tools, $100 I think.  Looks like it may
have gone up.

I haven't used it recently, but they do seem to make updates to the software
periodically, which is good.

PJ

Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 17:10:43 -0700> > > I'm finally ready to buy an OBD
reader/resetting tool and my initial> research is overwhelming. I'm interested
in hearing about your experiences,> good and bad; please be specific with
brand and model numbers. > > > > Usage: I'm looking to be able to read and
clear codes. I'd prefer to> read them in text, rather cryptic codes I need to
refer to charts to> decipher but that might change when I see pricing. Data
logging, beyond> what is required to pick up irregular faults or a laptop
interface is not> required.> > > > My current usage will be on an 02 Subaru
and an 05 Volvo. > > > > Thanks in advance,> > > > Jack
Discover the new Windows Vista