Re: Battery Testers (was: Heavy Duty power supplies

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery Testers (was: Heavy Duty power supplies
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:33:15 -0500
At 07:50 PM 2/13/2007 -0500, wmc_st@xxiii.com wrote:

>On a similar subject:  I'd like to be able to test small batteries
>(AA / C / D, etc) with a regular multi-tester.  Of course, they need
>some sort of load on them for a meaningful test.  Does anyone know
>specs for appropriate resistive loads for these batteries (err, uhh... cells)

Wayne,

Basically any flash light bulb.  You can use a 3V bulb and do 2 batteries,
or use a 1 1/2V bulb for single batteries.  The key is to have some sort
of a load, but not a real big one.  If the battery is weak, then almost
any bulb will be enough of a load to drop the voltage enough for you to
tell with a volt meter.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229