RE: removing aftermarket radio?

To: <scott.hall@comcast.net>, "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: removing aftermarket radio?
From: "Herby" <herby@herbytoys.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 14:37:13 -0800
Kenwood (as do most aftermarket radios) supplies a "removal tool" with their
decks. It's essentially a flat piece of metal that slides the spring tabs on
the sides in so you can remove the deck. It's kind of like a drawer slide
lock except you can't access it from the side. Check the manual for your
deck (maybe ask your brother :) to see what it looks like. If you don't have
it go to http://www.kenwoodusa.com/support/simple.aspx?men=2&M2=69 and
search for your deck to download the manual. If the link doesn't work just
go to www.kenwoodusa.com then click on the Support tab.

Good luck.

Herby
63 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
00 Dakota R/T (the new toy)
herby@herbytoys.com
www.herbytoys.com