RE: Car insurance problem off topic... Now Kinda Long

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Car insurance problem off topic... Now Kinda Long
From: "Bob Kegel" <bobkegel@seanet.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 13:37:25 -0800
> I heard this advice on the Clark Howard show last night.  He recommends
> contacting the hospital's staff Social Worker.  They generally have more
> empathy and interest in helping you solve the problem, and that person
> can be effective in getting the hospital administration to contact the
> right person.
>
> rrengineer@dslextreme.com wrote:
[snip]
> > My insurance company says I am the only one that has called
> >them about this account.  The Hospital never called them to talk about
> >it!  Do I need a lawyer for this?

As a scarred veteran of battles with hospital billing departments and
insurance companies, I recommend you get a lawyer.  Retaining an attorney is
the civilized version of pulling out a loaded gun and saying, "Let's discuss
this like civilized people."

Give the social workers one opportunity to solve the problem, to include
calling off the collection agency and no black mark on your credit report.
If they can't deliver, call in a pro.

Bob K