Re: Test equipment : digital tach

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Test equipment : digital tach
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 18:50:38 -0600
Randall,

I understand that you also "tinker" in electronics, just think about trying
to hold that laser at the right spot while tuning.  Then there is the
problem of adjusting while watching all of those lights flash.  Analog is
better when you are looking for a trend rather than an absolute.  I do think
it would be handy for checking your furnace fan or grinder wheel though.  I
did buy a Fluke digital, IR, laser guided  thermometer last summer and it is
really slick for finding hot spots in the head or just to find out how hot
you exhaust manifold is. :)

Mark
Nashville
http://www.arrestmered.com