RE: Computer Question -- Spoofed e-mails

To: "'Joel Zysman'" <jpzysman@bellsouth.net>, "'Matt Trebelhorn'"
Subject: RE: Computer Question -- Spoofed e-mails
From: "Joel Zysman" <jpzysman@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 20:10:09 -0500
Oops Sorry Matt, I was not being very clear.  If someone you have sent an
email to, or has your email address in their Mail client, and their machine
is exploited and turned into a zombie, it could also account for the message
headers.  Clear as mud, right?
Is your registrar also your host or are they separate (are you hosting your
own mail servers?).  If they are the same, ask if they can determine who is
spoofing.  If not, shoot me a couple of the bounced emails with full headers
off list and I'll take a look.

Best,
Joel

I'm pretty sure it's not our personal machines being "zombied" as you
call it -- we both use macs, we use completely different e-mail
mechanisms (POP3 vs. webmail), the addresses that send the mail are
not addresses we use, and the recipients from whom we get bounced
messages are not in our address books.