freeware substiute for MS Word /Excel

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: freeware substiute for MS Word /Excel
From: Charlie Schlismann <racegt6@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:46:33 -0800 (PST)
Folks,
I need help w/a minor annoyance.  My home (office) is
a few miles down the road from my shop.  My home desk
top has MS Word and Excel and I do all my on-line
quotes with it.  I use a notebook at the shop and had
freeware that interfaced w/Word and Excel for on-site
quotes, invoices, etc.

Notebook crashed and has been replaced but I'd rather
not pay for Word/Excel when I had a perfectly
acceptable alternative w/the freeware.

Problem is, I can't remember the name of the freeware
I had on the old notebook... and my limited googling
skill is not helping.

Suggestions appreciated and TIA,
Charlie