Re: Air powered reciprocating saw

To: Eugene D Abbondelo <eabb@loc.gov>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air powered reciprocating saw
From: "Chadwick E. Labno" <clab@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:12:53 -0500
I have one of Harbor Freight Central Pneumatic made in Taiwan
saw (P-36843) that works great on cutting body panels. This is a
cheap ($30 on sale) tool, I'd guess a name brand will be even better.
Blades, HF $7 to $8 for 5, Also bought some at Sears. I think Home
Depot also carries them. "Hard to reach" is hard to quantify but
I'd say the size of the tool allows use in confined spaces where
a recip saw or abrasive cutoff would not work. One other advantage,
you can cut tight curves, necessary when removing damaged panels.
Chad