Re: Low-voltage (12V) LED lights

To: Ian <shop-talk@mcfetridge.org>
Subject: Re: Low-voltage (12V) LED lights
From: "E. John Puckett" <ejpuckett@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:39:02 -0600
if you will look at the different power supplies you will see the
difference.  The LED lights require dc power (note the transformer says
output 12vdc).  teh exisiting transformer you have is marked output
12vac.  To use it you will need a rectifier unit to change from ac to
dc.  something similar to these.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062583&cp=&origkw=rectifier&kw=rectifier&parentPage=search
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062584&cp=&origkw=rectifier&kw=rectifier&parentPage=search
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062582&cp=&origkw=rectifier&kw=rectifier&parentPage=search

note, you may need to mount these on a heat sink if carrying much
current.  according to the marking on the LED transformer you have, any
one of these should be able to handle several LED strings, since they
draw less than 1/2 amp.

--
 John
another one of them