RE: New theory of mine (humor, hoping to start a fun thread)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: New theory of mine (humor, hoping to start a fun thread)
From: "Lee Daniels" <lee@automate-it.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:22:31 -0600 (CST)
> That tool should obviously be called a "pickle fork"......

I stopped in the local Northern Tools b/c they had a full set of ball-joint
separators on sale. "Can I help you?..." asked the kid near the automotive
tools. "Sure" I said, "Where's that set of pickle forks?"  The confused look
on his face was priceless.

Also: I always think of that ball of gears between the rear axles (on my
Triumphs) as the "differential", but a couple of mechanics I know just say
"pumpkin".

There's a tool for which I once learned the name but now can't remember it.
It's used for honing a cylinder, but rather than mounted stones it has
"dingleberries" along a flexible shaft. Does a great job of cleaning up a
marginal master cylinder. What's that thing called?

 - Lee