Re: Lens marker removal

To: wmc_st@xxiii.com
Subject: Re: Lens marker removal
From: James Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:53:58 -0500
Recognize what's going on here.  The supplier wants to avoid the
liability of you ruining your vision or whatever by making sure the
prescription and fit is correct.  Probably a liability issue for them,
and certainly a customer service plus for you; they make sure the things
are right.  I can imagine this process being developed after a lot of
customer complaints that the glasses weren't "right" after delivery.
Think of all the variables between the initial request and the delivered
product.

Now, maybe the execution of this "service" isn't quite as accommodating
as you might like, but at least recognize why the process is in place
before castigating the supplier.

Then again, if this "service" involves an additional fee at the
optometrist, I would be offended.  But I know in my case, the
optometrist would not charge me for this visit, it wouldn't require an
appointment, and they are perhaps 15 minutes from my house.