Re: Maintenance

To: Randall <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: Re: Maintenance
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 09:58:52 -0600
Related subject: I have a wonderful old upright DeVilbliss compressor that
I've owned for 20 years and I bought it from a busy shop which had purchased
it new . . . . IN 1947!!!  This unit has been in continuous use, with normal
maintenance, for nearly 60 years!  The motor and compressor are
original, the pressure control valve and regulator are fairly new.  I'm
happy with everything about it but I do worry a bit about the tank.  I drain
it regularly but I gotta think it's been rusting a bit for 60 years.  I've
never heard of a catastrophic  failure of a compessure tank but I guess 125
psi could do some damage if the weld seam failed.  Anyone ever hear of an
old tank blowing up?
Tony