Re: News story about generators in Washington state

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: News story about generators in Washington state
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:57:19 -0500
Diesel would be nice, but I got my 4kw Generac 4000XL gasoline powered
genset a few years ago during a storm event, and was REALLY lucky to get
it then. Glad to have it, I've needed it several times since then.

It is LOUD, annoyingly so. I was looking into the possibility of
installing a bigger / better muffler than the little box type thing the
factory bolts on.

Anyone have any experience with that? I saw these on-line @ jacks small
engine -  http://www.jackssmallengines.com/strapmain.cfm

What about retrofitting some other type of muffler?