Re: recommendations on pressure washers..

To: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: Re: recommendations on pressure washers..
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 18:27:07 -0500
: Re: recommendations on pressure washers..

> Rent a gas powered unit!

guess that is an option... but I hate renting tools almost as much as I hate
borrowing them... seems everytime I either have trouble with a rental or my
neighbors prize tool breaks down and I have to pay to fix it...

I've got several chores...pressure wash siding, lawn furniture and I work in
a steel mill where they water roads every day creating a nice graphite
slurry... and put some kind of pine tar road snot on the dirt areas to
control 'air borne particulates'  so the undercarriage and wheel wells get a
severe accumulation which takes lots of scrubbing to knock the rough edges
off.... a p.w. would work wonders there I think... the wheel wells are
smooth black plastic and I think the pressure would cut the crud and leave
the wells nice and shiny...

your car just don't look clean with dirty wheel wells...!!!

I'll check at H.D. for returns but like Matt says I'm leary of used power
tools...  I noticed some of the internet dealers sell factory refurb
units... might be an option...  so you're saying all that high psi buys you
is time and possibly removal of concrete ???    hmmmmm seems a mid sized
unit   2600 psi / 3 gpm might be the right choice for me  huh ???   gonna
look for hydrofluric acid also... bout time to brown out the grass along the
drive anyway :-)

thanks
john