RE: Lifting a pool table

To: dcong996@earthlink.net,
Subject: RE: Lifting a pool table
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:10:12 -0700
> Last time I had a battery backup system installed to prevent this very
> thing.  A few weeks ago in the very heavy rain my power was on
> but the main
> pump failed and the backup pump couldn't handle the volume.

Sounds like time to address the problem outside the house instead.  Bury
drain tile all around the foundation perimeter, and make sure all the soil,
sidewalks, etc. are sloped to carry water away from the house.  Or at least
get a bigger backup pump !

> Can I lay laminate floor tiles on the bare concrete?  I know they may have
> some out of level spots but most of it will then be covered with an area
> rug.  When I get water again will the water get under the laminate and
> possibly cause mold etc. that I cannot see.

Water raises hell with laminate flooring, I wouldn't suggest this.  You're
even supposed to put a vapor barrier between it and the concrete, because it
can't handle normal moisture from the concrete.

Have you considered painting the concrete and putting down area rugs ?  Or
at least cut the carpet to lay around the pool table legs.

Randall