Re: AC/DC Adapters

To: <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AC/DC Adapters
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:00:51 -0400
At 11:04 AM 5/17/2006, you wrote:
>found one adapter for a cordless phone cradle that might work. It's
>9V output, 210mA.  The baby monitor female plug just says "9V" on
>it. AND the adapter plug fits perfectly.  The monitor battery states
>2.4V 700mAh.  So will this work?

Hard tellin'.  Some adapters and devices run AC, others DC.  Your
specs' don't say for certain.  Most devices I've seen recently seem
to prefer AC from the adapter, with the rectification & filtration
(AC to DC conversion) in the device.  The "700mAh" is the output
capacity of the battery, and isn't directly related to the adapter's output.

So how valuable is this monitor?  You can always do trial & error;  I
can't recommend it, but in my experience,  I'd guess you have a
better than 50/50 chance it will simply work or not work, vs
destroying the device.  If you choose to try, and it does appear to
work, be sure to check the adapter & device for overheating.

   -Wayne