Re: Photos of the Blast Cabinet I Built

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Photos of the Blast Cabinet I Built
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:14:15 -0400
> --- Charley Robinson wrote:
>
>> I've been thinking about building one of these myself.
>> What size did you make and are you satisfied with
>> it?

> --- and Doug sez:
> The size is OK, as long as the part to be blasted fits inside it :-)

You'll always find it too small for some item!

I built a huge blasting cabinet (plywood) for a friend. He had a huge
barn/shop so space was not at a premium. IIRC, it was about 6-8' long,
4' high and 3-4' deep. Made it so the whole front & top opened up to
load big stuff.

--- Doug also sez:
> I plan to add a separate blowgun (w/ its own hose),
> so I can blow off stuff before removing it.

hmm, that's a good idea!

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell