Re: Pressure washers

Subject: Re: Pressure washers
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:07:53 -0400
Ironically, I bought a pressure washer on Sunday as well. I was a Pep
Boys buying some engine degreaser to use on the underside of my car.
They had a Simoniz branded electric washer rated (probably
optimistically) at 1750 PSI. With a couple of rebates, it was $89.99. So
I bought it. Looks a lot like a Karcher unit, but it has an integrated
solution tank.

Did a very nice job on the underbody, then used it on the concrete
porch, brick walls, patio furniture, venetian blinds, etc... For the
price paid, it's a useful item... I noticed HD also had a 1750 psi
washer on sale for $99.00 Think it was Husky brand.

I borrowed a friends gas powered unit last year, a big mofo of a washer.
I don't think it did any better of a job than this little electric job.
Perhaps a little faster, and also capable of doing serious damage to
some surfaces, like pressure treated lumber, etc... Wonder how I know
that!?

Marc

Bill Gilroy wrote:
> I purchased a pressure washer today and used it to clean my deck.  I got it
> from Home Depot (6.5 HP Honda, with 2600 PSI ).  I worked fine for the
> deck.  Not having used one before I really can't compare it to other units.
> I think it will be fine for my needs.  There was a real price jump from the
> light duty units to the ones that have a pump made by CAT.  The difference
> was about $300, which is more then I can justify for my use.  So far, so
> good, but I have only used it once.
>
> Bill

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]