Re: Hex to socket adapters

To: <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: Hex to socket adapters
From: "PJ McGarvey" <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:59:26 -0500
May have gotten my terminology wrong, I think spade bit might've made more
sense to everyone...

I've tried those extensions mentioned here:
http://doityourself.com/store/6981526.htm

They don't seem to hold up to the torque and the rough use you get when
trying to drill holes with a spade bit, they loosen and eventually strip the
bit's shank or the tightening screw pops out...  I was just trying to make
good use of all the extensions I have accumulated for car repair.

Wish I'd invested in one of the LONG ship auger type bits you can get for
drilling holes for electrical work, I've seen em in 2, 3 and maybe 4 foot
lengths.  I have a short one and boy does it make quick work of holes.  I'm
at the very end of my project - but I may have to go get one anyway to avoid
the frustration.

Appreciate the help

PJ