Re: I need to make a deadman

To: "Skip Albright" <salbrigh@nycap.rr.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I need to make a deadman
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 20:30:20 -0600
How about a ground anchor ?  It's what we use to tie down planes, and what
utilities use for anchors for the cables that stabilize power poles.

Homey, etc. sell them - a long steel rod with an eye on the top and a disk
bent into a helical shape to serve as an auger, welded near the botton.
Just screw it into the ground.  And hope the soil isn't too rocky - I just
removed one today, that I had to dig in most of the way 5 years ago when I
installed it, because of a few huge rocks under ground.

Karl