Thermometer on sale (was: Thermal Cleaning at Home)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thermometer on sale (was: Thermal Cleaning at Home)
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 15:56:33 -0500
>Keep in mind that the self-cleaning cycle hits roughly
>900F.  Personally, I'd want to test the theory with something I
>could throw away if it went wrong.

With all the parts baking discussion, I thought I'd mention a really
neat toy, err.... tool on sale right now.

Harbor Freight has an infrared thermometer on sale for just $40:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91778

I just got one last week to use with baking powder & ceramic
coatings.  It's only rated up to 500dF, but it has a 4 digit display
and appears to go much higher.  Pointing directly at a glowing oven
element, it registered 1170dF!  You can measure all sorts of
interesting stuff, like temps of you engine, manifold, exhaust, tires, etc.

Highly Recommended!

   -Wayne