Another neat idea for the shop.

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another neat idea for the shop.
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 23:09:03 -0500
Ok, here is another tip your readers may enjoy.  Please contact me if you
have any questions...

Here is another money saving idea.

In most of our shops, we have drop off pieces of wood and metal from
projects.  Often this material either ends up on the floor (where we trip
over it) or in the trash.  This idea is simply adding a place to put the
drop offs.

The key is to go to your local supermarket and ask if you can have (or
buy) a few shopping carts.  Maybe ask if they have any that are broken
carts or others that are not usable for the store anymore.  If you are
nice, they will most likely give you one (or two.)

Now, just use these to toss in your drop offs.  It's easy to move these
to where you are working and move them out of the way when you are done.
Also, the metal grate allows sawdust and dirt to fall though.  I use one
cart for wood and one for metal.

It's easy to see what is in there so the next time you need a short piece,
a quick look show you the piece you need.  With practice, you can put
longer items on one side and shorter items on the other and it's easy to
get at either.  Another note, place a small piece of wood in the child
seat of the cart and you have a great place for really small items.

Moving the carts is easy and if they are empty, they fold into one
another.

It gives a whole new meaning to "SHOPping carts!"

Enjoy!

Click here for some pics...

http://www.megageek.com/photo/photoa~1.nsf/a7ffeab012bbfb5b85256eb1007ca7f6/ddb03d11ccdda63c8525710e0015ed2a?OpenDocument

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.