Re: Gas line installation

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas line installation
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 09:52:25 -0500
At 05:01 PM 1/28/2006, you wrote:
>  On that wall, on the outside of the house, is where my gas meter
> is.  Can a gas line be routed above ground hung off the concrete
> foundation, then routed through the wall to the cooktop?

I can't tell you if it meets code at your place.  But that's how an
add-on propane line was run by a plumber here.  He used black pipe,
but it's rusted horribly in 4 years.  I'd use galvanized or stainless
for exposed outdoor use.

You normally see little "drip legs" tee-ed off at the connection
point, too.  But I don't know the practical or legal reasons for them.

   -Wayne