Powder Coating [was: gasoline resistant paint]

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Powder Coating [was: gasoline resistant paint]
From: wmc_st@xxiii.com
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 01:20:19 -0500
At 12:32 AM 1/9/2006, Mike Rambour wrote:
>You may not have "cured" the PC fully,  it does depend on the powder
>so verify with your brand of powder, most powders you can test with
>MEK, if it comes off onto a rag with MEK on it, its not cured yet.

Cool, Thanks for the input.  From what I've heard, many of the
problems with amateur PC are under-curing.  I usually pre-heat parts,
coat, and let them go for at least 20 minutes.  But I'm just using an
old in-wall kitchen oven I scored for $40, with a $3 grocery store
thermometer.  I thought I was erring on the "over curing" side.  But
I really need to get a good laser (misnomer actually -- "non
contact") thermometer to monitor stuff.

    -Wayne