Re: Phase converters

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Phase converters
From: "Steve Hammatt" <gsteve@hammatt.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 15:30:00 -0800
Thanks to Gordie, Marty, Doug and Steve for your replies.
I should have been more clear on what I'm looking for:
The 5hp motor I've received is NOT to be used to power anything.
It will be the IDLER motor for a Rotary Phase Converter.
The phase converter will then allow me to use other 3ph equipment
that I now have (or plan to get<grin>).
So, what I'm needing is a Rotary Phase Converter PANEL.  This is
all the electrics that are required to allow the 5hp IDLER motor to convert
the electrons to 3 phase power.  Seems like the completed panels for
a 5hp idler are around US$150+.  Suppliers include:
Anderson, Desco and Niagara Electric.  Any experience with any of
these suppliers...or others?
Super thanks again and Happy New Year to all.
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA