Re: satellite receivers and VCRs

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: satellite receivers and VCRs
From: Peter Murray <pete@partnercomm.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 10:53:54 -0500
john niolon wrote:

>shop content... I watch tv in the shop...
>
>I've got the standard Dish Network setup... 4 sets , 2 receivers.  Main TVs
>(connected to receivers) are set to channel 3... remotes are set to Channel
>60.
>
>I have VCRs on the TV's also but can't figure out how to copy a show that I've
>recorded on the satellite receivers DVR (hard disk) to a VHS tape...
>
>can this be done ???
>
>thanks
>john

I can think of no reason why you shouldn't be able to do that. If you
can see it, you should be able to record it with your VCR. I used to do
this frequently with my TiVo units, until I started just downloading the
digital program to my computer and burning it to DVD...

The DVR unit needs to have a video/audio connection to the VCR. If
you're using the RF connection to display it on the TV, can you use the
video/audio outputs to connect it directly to the VCR? Picture and audio
will be cleaner, too...

-Peter

--
Peter Murray (N3IXY)