Paintless Dent Removal?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Paintless Dent Removal?
From: Mike Lee <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:09:48 -0800

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

I was asked the magic seasonal question..... "What do you want for Xmas?"
Well...
I've seen sets of paintless dent removal tool kits for sale.  For the most
part, they look like various types of bent metal rods; pretty straightforward.
I've also seen the results some of the pros can produce; I would never have
suspected the car had been dented if I didn't see it beforehand.
I'm tempted to get a set and try it out for myself, but thinking that I might
as well flush the money down the drain and save myself the trouble instead.
Has anyone tried buying one of these things, and had any reasonable success?

Thanks!