Re: Another fuel saving idea...

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Another fuel saving idea...
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:41:43 -0500

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

>that may be true. when my dad was delivering gasoline,  he always had to
>adjust for temperature !

But how much do you think that giant underground tank changes
temperature through the day?  And I thought the pumps had various
compensation devices for different pressures.  Temperatures too?  I
think the idea of the underground tank changing temperature
significantly is just ridiculous.  Also, even if this worked, it
isn't a way to SAVE gas, it's a way to cheat the company out of a
penny or two.