Re: tire goo

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tire goo
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:27:00 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 Eric@megageek.com wrote:
> I had 2 tires (one on a trailer and one on a tractor) that always had a
> small air leak.
>
> Last night I used a bottle of tire goo on them.  They sealed up quickly and
> seem to be holding.
>
> My question is, should I be concerned with either of these tires in these
> applciations?  The trailer is rarely used (and it's a dual axle) and the
> tractor is only used on the property.
>
> So I'm guessing I can use go about my merry way and forget the stuff is
> there (until I have to change a tire!)  8>)

   They'll be fine.  I used Tire Slime to seal this set, which have 600
holes in each tire, and 3 of them hold air indefinitely.  The fourth
needs a little more Slime, but is usable.

        http://planet-torque.com/garage/studs.jpg

   They've also been up near 100 mph...

        http://planet-torque.com/ms/wag020104/run3.wmv

   I'm just on a roll here, but you guys keep asking questions that I can
help with ;)  You do have to tell the tire guy if you take them to be
dismounted, though... some of that tire sealant is allegedly explosive.

--
 David Hillman
 #28/29 B Stock